Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
Do you want to make the perfect, fluffy, gluten-free sweet bread? This is the recipe you were looking for! I was amazed by how delicious this gluten-free sweet bread with cocoa and dry fruits turned out!
I’m back again! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and prepared lots of delicious vegetarian recipes for the Easter menu :). I took a little break from blogging, but I cooked a lot, so I have lots of new recipes to show you :D.
I’ll start with this amazing gluten-free sweet bread recipe, which was a huge success! Words just can’t describe how good this turned out to be!
Gluten-free baking is not that easy, especially if you’re a beginner and you’re still testing products and techniques. You may fail lots of times before getting one recipe right. This is actually the second attempt at making the gluten-free sweet bread recipe. The first one was an inedible distaster which was turned into sweet breadcrumbs. I still don’t have the courage to make my own gluten-free flour mixes. I need lots of new ingredients, like xanthan gum for example, which I don’t know yet how to use. Anyway, until then, I still use the universal gluten-free flour mix by Dr. Schar which I think it is the best!
Even with this “almost” fail-proof gluten-free flour mix, you may not get the results you are looking for if you don’t follow the exact recipe. My recommendation is to be very strict when following recipes at first. Only after you get the basics of gluten-free baking, then you should start experimenting. For example, this gluten-free sweet bread batter is really sticky and airy. If you add too much cocoa or dry fruits it’s enough to turn destroy this perfect fluffy sweet bread. Trust me, I know. That’s the inconvenient I found so far with this gluten-free flour mix. It’s so light and airy and if you add something heavier as a filling, for example chocolate, it may ruin your recipe.
Anyway, here’s the wonderful, easy recipe for the gluten-free sweet bread with cocoa and dry fruits. Follow the exact ingredient quantities and steps if you want to achieve this result! Enjoy
I was amazed by how delicious this gluten-free sweet bread with cocoa and dry fruits turned out!
- 200g Dr. Schar Mix C gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil + more for greasing the tray
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp dry fruits (I used papaya and apricots. You can use raisins too)
- a pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven at 356F/180C.
- Grease the sweet bread tray with some oil. The sizes of my tray are approx. 10cm x 30cm.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add sea salt.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar, oil, vanilla extract and baking powder. Slowly add flour and incorporate. Add foamy egg whites and dry fruits. Mix using a spatula.
- Pour the composition in the greased tray.
- Save 1 Tbsp of the batter and put it in a small bowl. Add cocoa and mix.
- Pour this over the batter in the sweet bread tray. You can make the swirls on top using a teaspoon. Press it just a little.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 45-50 minutes.
Liked this recipe? Get more on Facebook!