This is the best vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe you can make! It stretches, looks like real cheese nacho sauce and it tastes delicious!
This vegan nacho cheese sauce is another recipe I’ve been wanting to try since I started my Best Vegan Cheese Challenge. I am so happy it turned out just like I wanted it to be! It’s stretchy, has a lovely, vibrant color just like cheddar sauce would look like, taste awesome and it’s absolutely perfect for nachos.
I was inspired by Lindsay’s Nacho Cheese Recipe recipe and adapted it from there. I modified the quantities, added some new ingredients and the result exceeded my expectations!
Who would have thought that you can use potatoes and carrots to make an awesome cheese sauce?! Really.. this was awesome! 🙂
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Just take a look at the GIF below. See how it stretches?! Pure awesomeness! 🙂
I used this vegan nacho cheese recipe for pasta as well. I will post that recipe soon. The quantities mentioned in the recipe below will be enough for a big bowl of nacho sauce just like the one in the photos, plus for 2-3 servings of delicious nacho cheese pasta. You can eat it just as it is too! It is addictive!
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! 🙂
- Boil veggies until tender - 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave them in the water for 10 more minutes.
- Drain them, save some water, about 1½ cup, maybe a little bit more.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add water, little by little, until you reach the desired consistency. It has to be smooth and semi-liquid.
- Pour the mixture in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir continuously. You'll see that this "sauce" will thicken and get sticky. Stir for about 10 minutes.