This no-bake vegan poppy seed cheesecake with strawberries is a delicious, healthy and quick dessert you can make this Summer!
I wanted to make a no-bake vegan cheesecake since Easter! That’s when I first made the traditional Romanian “pasca” dessert – veganized of course. I loved the “cheese” cream so much that I wanted to share it with you too! Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to photograph the recipe then.
This vegan poppy seed cheesecake doesn’t resemble the traditional pasca recipe of course, but I used the same vanilla “cheese” cream recipe and added a few extra ingredients to turn it into a delicious vegan cheesecake!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET THE MEAL PLAN!
I was invited to participate in a campaign with the purpose to emphasize the great benefits that coconut flour has to offer. So, for this vegan poppy seed cheesecake recipe, I also used coconut flour in the crust and it was just perfect!
Did you know that coconut flour is a protein powerhouse? It has 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour and it contains more protein than wheat, rye and cornmeal flours. Plus it’s completely gluten-free and healthy! I learned that from here.
This no-bake vegan poppy seed cheesecake with strawberries is a delicious vegan dessert you can make in less than 30 minutes! Hurry up and give it a try yourself!
- 200g dates, previously soaked for 10 minutes
- 4 Tbsps poppy seeds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 500g vegan soy yogurt, vanilla flavored (I used 4x125g yogurts)
- 4 Tbsps stevia powder - or any other healthy sweetener of choice, to taste
- 5 Tbsps tapioca flour/starch
- 250ml soy milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 10-15 small strawberries
- 4-5 Tbsps poppy seeds
- Cover the bottom of a cake tin with plastic wrap. Use cake tins with detachable walls only.
- Add crust ingredients in your blender. Blend them until you get a smooth paste.
- Pour the paste into the cake tin and start spreading it evenly.
- Clean your blender and add all cream ingredients in it. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour the composition into a large, non-stick saucepan and place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Start stirring continuously until the cream thickens - about 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the cream into the cake tin.
- Place in fridge or freezer for 1 hour.
- Decorate with poppy seeds and sliced strawberries and serve.