Tzatziki is a popular Greek recipe with cucumbers, dill, and yogurt. It is a great party appetizer and it is best served as a dip, along with warm pita bread or crackers.
A few days ago, I posted on the blog, my Ricotta Cheese Ball with Spices and Herbs recipe I made for the New Years Eve party. Today, I posted another party appetizer recipe, a well-known Greek dip recipe – tzatziki. I made two Greek yogurt appetizers for the party, one is this tzatziki recipe and the other is Feta Mint Yogurt Dip, which I will post tomorrow on the blog. Both of these yogurt appetizers were served along with warm pita bread, crackers, and toasts.
If you don’t know how to make tzatziki, you should follow this simple recipe. I’m pretty sure that you’ve eaten tzatziki before. This is a very popular recipe and it is super-easy to make. Although the original Greek tzatziki recipe is made using raw cucumbers, I sometimes replace them with pickles. I prefer the pickles version.
You should try them both and see which one of these you like better. Don’t forget, warm pita bread is a MUST! 😀
Want more yogurt appetizer recipes? Try this: Spicy Chili and Mint Yogurt Dip.
- 400g Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cucumbers (raw or pickles)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsps fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the cucumbers and grate them.
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Add Greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Add garlic, cucumber, dill, salt, and pepper and blend them all together.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Here are both yogurt appetizer recipes I made for the New Years Eve party: Tzatziki and Feta Mint Yogurt Dip.