This feta mint yogurt dip is a simple and easy yogurt appetizer, inspired by the Lebanese cuisine. It’s a perfect party appetizer, be served with crackers, pita bread or toasts.
This is the second yogurt appetizer recipe that I made for the New Years Eve party. A few days ago I showed you my recipe for Tzatziki (with a twist! 😉 ) and now it’s time for this creamy, feta mint yogurt dip.
When I decided to make this recipe, I had in mind the popular Lebanese labneh recipe. If you haven’t heard of labneh, it is a yogurt cream mixed with dry mint and olive oil. I absolutely love it! Unfortunately, I didn’t have any yogurt cream so I made this dip instead.
It is very important to use fresh mint for this feta mint yogurt dip recipe! Dry mint is a bit tasteless in my opinion. Feta cheese is also a great extra ingredient. It gives it a creamy, salty flavor which I love. This dip can be served with warm pita bread or crackers. Delicious! Oh..and it’s ready in like…5 minutes!! You have to try it 🙂
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
- 400g Greek yogurt
- ½ cup feta cheese, mashed
- 3-4 Tbsps fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sweet paprika, for garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Greek Yogurt in a bowl. Add mashed feta cheese and blend well together. You can use the food processor for this.
- Add chopped fresh mint and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add olive oil and garnish with fresh mint leaves and sweet paprika.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before serving.