Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
Tzatziki is a lacto-vegetarian greek recipe with cucumbers, dill and yogurt. It is a great party appetizer and it is best served as a dip, along with warm pita breads or crackers.
A few days ago I posted on the blog, my Ricotta Cheese Ball with Spices and Herbs recipe I made for the New Years Eve party. Today, I posted another party appetizer recipe, a well-known Greek dip recipe – tzatziki. I made two yogurt appetizers for the party, one is this tzatziki recipe ant the other is Feta Mint Yogurt Dip, which I will post tomorrow on the blog. Both of these yogurt appetizers were served along with warm pita bread, crackers and toasts.
The combination between the crunchy and creamy textures is amazing! I’m pretty sure that you’ve eaten or even made tzatziki before. This is a very popular recipe and it is super-easy to make. Although the original Greek tzatziki recipe is made using raw cucumbers, I sometimes replace them with pickles. I prefer the pickles version because I find it more flavorful.
You should try them both and see which one of these you like better. Don’t forget, warm pita breads are a MUST! Want more yogurt appetizer recipes? Try this: Spicy Chili and Mint Yogurt Dip.
- 400g Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 cucumbers (raw or pickles)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsps fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the cucumbers and grate them.
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Add Greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Add garlic, cucumber, dill, salt and pepper and blend them all together.
- Store in fridge for at least an hour before serving.