Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
Remember my Raspberry and Blueberry Raw Vegan Cupcakes ? Well, I thought about them yesterday. I really craved for some delicious cupcakes but in the same time I wanted something refreshing and light. That’s when the idea hit me and I made these chocolately ice cream cupcakes. I didn’t actually use cocoa or chocolate but instead I used something even healthier, carob powder!
Try them! It takes less than 10 minutes to make these icy chocolate raw cupcakes.
Question: Do you use carob powder in desserts? How do you use it?
Carob fan? See these awesome recipes using carob instead of cocoa: Biscuit Salami [no bake, sugar free, vegan] | Salam de Biscuiti, The Healthiest and Most Delicious Breakfast..and it’s Ice Cream!, Raw Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Cake | Tort raw-vegan de ciocolata cu zmeura.
Ingredients for 3 cupcakes:
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 tbsp carob powder
- 10 dates, pitted
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- ground cloves, sprinkled
- blueberries – if you have, I think it would have looked great with a lovely blueberry in the middle.
Place the hazelnuts, carob powder and dates in your food processor. Mix until you get a smooth and sticky paste.
Divide the mixture into three and put it into the cupcake forms.
Place the frozen bananas and 3 tbsp of carob powder in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Sprinkle some ground cloves on top and maybe add some blueberries and that’s it! Serve immediately if you like the filling’s consistency or place in freezer for 15-20 minutes then serve.
Latest posts by Gourmandelle (see all)
- Suc de pepene galben cu mere | Apples and Melon Refreshing Juice + Philips HR 1855 Juicer Review – May 22, 2013
- Paine umpluta cu branza si verdeturi | Whole Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Herbs – May 19, 2013
- Legume de primavara – rosii cherry, morcovi si cartofi noi la cuptor | Spring roasted veggies – May 17, 2013