This healthy raw ice cream cake will become your favorite ice cream cake ever! It is triple-layered, and has it all: chocolate, vanilla, berries, and caramel!
It’s so hot outside these days that you just cannot resist without cooling yourself with some ice cream! We all know that the store-bought ice cream is not that healthy and it’s very high in sugar and other bad stuff, so why not try to make your own ice cream at home?!
This is exactly what I did. I made this healthy raw ice cream cake from scratch! Because I wanted to share it with a couple of friends, I made it fit for my kind of taste. So chocolate/caramel-lovers, vanilla fans and even those who prefer light fruit flavors enjoyed my triple-layered raw ice cream cake! 🙂
This raw ice cream cake is really easy to make. All you need is a blender or a food processor. Also, you should keep in mind that you’ll have to make this ice cream cake the day before you want to serve it. It has to sit in the freezer overnight.
If you don’t eat it all at once (which rarely happens because it’s so good!!), you can keep it in the freezer for even 2 weeks! It’s the perfect Summer dessert! 🙂
So, here it is!
- 100g coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- 10 dates, pitted, chopped and soaked for 10 minutes
- Vanilla Layer:
- 250g cashews soaked overnight
- honey, to taste (about 4 large Tbsps)
- 1½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1½ glass water
- Chocolate Layer:
- 3 Tbsps raw cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsps maca powder
- 4 bananas
- 1 Tbsp dark rum
- [honey, to taste (about 4 large Tbsps)
- mixed forest berries, frozen or fresh
- Blend the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Use a 20cm diameter cake form. Cover the insides with plastic wrap.
- Add the crust paste and spread it evenly on the base.
- Rinse the blender bowl and add the vanilla layer ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour cream in the cake form.
- Store it in the freezer for ~40 minutes.
- Remove from freezer.
- Add all chocolate layer ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cream over the vanilla layer.
- Put in freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and add forest berries on top.
- Let it sit in the freezer until the next day.
- Before serving, let it sit at room temperature for 3-5 minutes.
I used my Optimum Blender for this recipe! See my review here.