Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This dark chocolate and pear souffle recipe is a great French inspired dessert. This chocolate and pear souffle is easier to make than you may think. The semi-sweet dark chocolate flavor blends perfectly with the juiciness of the pears. This pear souffle recipe is just perfect for this season!
Soufflé. It was the first time I made or ate a souffle and I absolutely loved it! I can’t say it’s very easy to make, but it is not complicated either. I had some really juicy pears with a wonderful perfume, from my boyfriend’s parents’ orchard and had no idea what to make with them, so I surfed the web a little and found an awesome vanilla souffle recipe. I followed the instructions, but tweaked the ingredients list a little.
The juicy pears go great with dark chocolate chips and the result was amazing! I also added a little bit of rum, for some extra flavor and perfume. It was the first time I made this dark chocolate and pear souffle, but it will surely not be the last!
You can find below the YouTube video for the soufflé recipe that inspired me. Hope it will help you better understand how to make soufflés, the easy way!
This is a great French inspired dessert recipe for dark chocolate and pear soufflé. This soufflé is easier to make than you may think. The semi-sweet dark chocolate flavor blends perfectly with the juiciness of the pears. This soufflé recipe is just perfect for this season!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk, hot (120 ml)
- 1/2 tsp rum extract
- 2 Tbsps caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium-sized, seperated
- a pinch of salt
- 2 pears, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 3-4 Tbsps dark chocolate chips
- Brush the ramekins with butter, from bottom upwards. Coat the ramekins with sugar and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add butter in the sauce pan and melt it. Add in the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add hot milk. Stir until smooth. Back to medium heat, stir constantly until it comes to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add in salt and rum extract and stir until well combined. Separate the egg white and egg yolks. Add in egg yolks. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce into a separate bowl.
- Whisk egg whites. Add gradually sugar while slowly whisking. Keep whisking until firm and foamy. It takes about 20 minutes with hand, and a couple of minutes with a mixer.
- Combine the whisked egg whites with the sauce done eariler. Add the meringue (whisked egg whites) over the sauce. Add one third at a time and stir to combine. Add chocolate chips and chopped pears. Combine together.
- Spoon the mixture into ramekins. Don’t fill them up completely.
- Preheat the oven. Bake at 390 degrees F (200 C.) for 12 to 15 minutes or until well risen.
If you liked this dark chocolate and pear soufflé recipe, you definitely have to try this Semi Raw Vegan Chocolate Tart with Wine Poached Pears.