This gluten-free bread with olives and red pesto is an easy appetizer recipe with intense flavors and moist texture. This savory appetizer bread will surely become one of your favorite recipes!
This kind of recipe has actually become one of my all- time best recipes! It’s fail proof and you will be amazed by how soft, moist, and flavorful this really is. The possibilities of customizing this recipe are endless! Imagination is the limit. I’ve tried it so far in lots and lots of combinations, from mushroom and thyme toppings to scallions, roasted garlic, and even dry tomatoes!
I love the fact that this recipe is very versatile. The prep part takes max. 15 minutes and in about half an hour you’ll have an amazing appetizer recipe for your guests! It also looks rustic and homemade, which I love! 🙂
Since going gluten-free I started baking more. This doesn’t mean that I eat baked goodies every day, but once in a while, I love creating baked recipes such as this one. Savory ones remain my favorite!
You can make this recipe by using regular wheat flour as well, but if you’re gluten intolerant I recommend you to use the Schar mix I used too. I think it’s the best. 🙂
If you liked this gluten-free bread with olives recipe then you should also check out my gluten-free mushroom bread!
P.S. Because this is one of my most popular recipes, I decided to shoot a video for it, showing you how to make it, step-by-step. You can see it below, just above the written recipe. What do you think? Should I do more video recipes?
Gluten-Free Bread with Olives and Red Pesto Video Recipe
[x_video_embed type=”16:9″ no_container=”true”][/x_video_embed]
- 180g (1 ½ cups) Schar gluten-free flour Mix B, if you're not gluten intolerant, you can use regular flour as well
- 4 eggs
- 10g (2 tsp) baking powder, or 5g (1 tsp) baking soda + 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 120ml (½ cup) grapeseed/sunflower oil
- 90g (½ cup) sliced black olives
- 3 Tbsps red pesto, you can use vegan pesto as well
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites and salt in a large bowl until foamy. (You can use a hand mixer or a food processor. The foam doesn't have to be super-stiff.)
- Combine gluten-free flour with egg whites. Add baking powder. Don't worry about the lumps, they will disappear later.
- Combine egg yolks with oil and pour over the foamy egg whites. Mix slowly using a spatula.
- Add olives. Mix slowly until well blended together.
- Grease a 30x10cm pan with some oil and powder it with flour.
- Add 1/2 of the batter and spread evenly. Spread the red pesto on top and cover with the other half of the batter. Alternatively, you can add all the batter and pour the pesto on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 25min. Check with a toothpick if ready.
See video recipe here.
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 128mgSodium 343mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 11g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.