These stuffed Portobello mushrooms are not only vegan and healthy but also have a tasty meaty texture. Learn how to make the perfect vegan stuffed Portobelo mushrooms!
I love stuffed Portobello mushrooms. They always turn out yummy and are ready in no time! This is the basic stuffed Portobello mushrooms recipe. It is very versatile so you can try any stuffing you want. Don’t be afraid! Mix ingredients and invent new stuffings. By the way, I can’t wait to try this stuffed with spinach and served with a wine flavored white sauce. Yum!
Yield: 6 servings
Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms is a healthy, vegan recipe, perfect as a side dish!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 12 big Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsps dry thyme
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, for lacto-vegetarians – you can use some butter
- ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oil/butter in a saucepan.
- Add chopped mushrooms stems, mashed garlic cloves, chopped onion, pepper, salt, coriander and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped dill and parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 375° F.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- Add about 1-1 1/2 tbsp of stuffing / mushroom.
- Garnish with red bell pepper slices.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 4.4gCarbohydrates 6.3gProtein 1.1g
Do you love stuffed mushrooms? Try this too Stuffed Button Mushrooms with Garlicky Rice Noodles.
Wednesday 18th of July 2018
I love mushrooms and your recipe is just great. I will try it with other stuffings too!
Monday 22nd of October 2018
Glad you liked the recipe! :)
Monday 3rd of September 2012
Magic of Spice
Sunday 15th of April 2012
Those look so wonderful! Love stuffed mushrooms :)
Thursday 12th of April 2012
oo I LOVE stuffed portobello mushrooms! They always make me think of summer because I usually make them like crazy for bbqs!
Monday 9th of April 2012
@barbecue: Yes I love their meaty texture! They go great with shredded cheese on top also! But what do you mean 'where's my recipe?' it's right above :)