These stuffed Portobello mushrooms are not only vegan and healthy but also have a tasty meaty texture. Learn how to make the perfect vegan stuffed Portobelo mushrooms!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I really don’t understand why some people say they can’t cook! Ok, I understand that not all of us are big fans of cooking, but still, everybody should know how to cook at least basic stuff! What will you do when there’s no mommy or daddy to cook for you? You’ll eat restaurant food all your life or starve to death? Or maybe eat junk food and sandwiches. I don’t want to sound mean, but nobody asks you to be a MasterChef, at least try before you say ‘I can’t!’.
I, for example, had to learn how to cook because my parents were working all day and sometimes there were only basic ingredients in the fridge. That’s when I started experimenting and asking my mom how to do this, how to do that. I just watched and learned. This is how I learned to make this vegan stuffed Portobello mushroom recipe. It’s so easy!
That’s why my recipes are easy, quick and healthy! I want to show you all that it is possible to eat healthy even with very little time. So, I don’t want to hear the “I don’t have time to cook, so I eat junk food instead.” excuse, cause I know for a fact that you can make time for it!
Now, about this recipe… I love stuffed Portobello mushrooms. They always turn out yummy and are ready in no time! This is the basic stuffed Portobello mushrooms recipe. It is very versatile so you can try any stuffing you want. Don’t be afraid! Mix ingredients and invent new stuffings. By the way, I can’t wait to try this stuffed with spinach and served with a wine flavored white sauce. Yum!
Also, if you’re a lactovegetarian you can give this recipe a try! Sounds delish!
- 12 big Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsps dry thyme
- 2 Tbsps olive oil (for lacto-vegetarians – you can use some butter)
- ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oil/butter in a saucepan.
- Add chopped mushrooms stems, mashed garlic cloves, chopped onion, pepper, salt, coriander and thyme. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped dill and parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 375° F.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- Add about 1-1½ tbsp of stuffing / mushroom.
- Garnish with red bell pepper slices.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
Do you love stuffed mushrooms? Try this too Stuffed Button Mushrooms with Garlicky Rice Noodles.