Try this peanut butter smoothie, which is not only delicious but nutritious too! It’s a perfect, high protein, energy breakfast smoothie.
I love peanut butter! Salty and sweet at the same time…the perfect combination! I guarantee that you’ll love this peanut butter smoothie. It is so refreshing but filling at the same time. I recommend it for breakfast; it is ideal for those of you who are always in a hurry because it’s ready in less than 3 minutes! Plus, peanut butter is good for you!
If you’re a huge peanut butter fan like me – and I mean beyond the peanut butter sandwiches and peanut butter-honey English muffins – then you are in for a serious treat!
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Yogurt
- ½ Cup of Granola
- 1 Tablespoon of Shaved Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ of a Banana
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- Place all the ingredients, except the ice, in a blender.
- Once it starts to liquefy, add about 6 or 7 ice cubes – adjust to your desire – and blend until all the ice cubes are crushed and the peanut butter is completely blended.
- Voilà! You have yourself a nutritious and delicious smoothie that is either great as a meal itself or maybe a snack to curb that afternoon hunger.
- Another important fact to note, it is the only solution I’ve found to eliminating a potent garlic or onion after taste.
- Ingredient Adjustment Suggestions
- Any organic peanut butter is the best option for this smoothie recipe. Not only are the generic ones, such as Jiffy or Skippy, super bad for you, they also curb the taste of granola. I recommend crunchy peanut butter for that extra nuttiness.
- As for the yogurt, any plain or vanilla flavored yogurt is great. I wouldn’t recommend any Greek yogurt per say as it is already too thick and is harder to blend with the sticky peanut butter.
- Fresh granola without any fruits is the best option for this recipe as well. I recommend a honey and almond blend from Whole Foods in the bin aisle – so good!