This tomato pasta bake recipe is an easy, budget-friendly and delicious casserole recipe you’ll love! It’s moist on the inside and crispy on the outside!
I love casseroles! They’re so easy to make! I have a bunch of casserole recipes on the blog and they’re among my most popular recipes. I guess people like them so much because all you have to do is mix and bake and with minimal effort you get a delicious, hearty, budget-friendly meal, ideal for feeding whole families! 🙂
The question is: “How to make pasta bake?”. Pasta bakes are even easier. All you have to do is boil pasta and then mix them in an oven tray with a sauce of choice. So, if you don’t feel like cooking every day, make a casserole and you’ve got yourself covered for at least 3 days! If you don’t want to get bored by eating the same thing every day, spice it up with some new toppings or light side dishes, such as salads.
When I made this recipe I was actually thinking about Ratatouille and wanted to combine the famous recipe with pasta and see how it turns out. Because I didn’t have any zucchini, I ended up making something else entirely, but this roasted ratatouille pasta is next on my to-do list. 🙂
Hope you’ll like this recipe. If you’re looking for more pasta bake recipes, check out my Vegan Cheesy Pasta Casserole, Mushroom Pasta Tart, and Baked Spaghetti Casserole. You’ll love them! 🙂
Tomato Pasta Bake
This tomato pasta bake recipe is an easy, budget-friendly and delicious casserole recipe you'll love! It's moist on the inside and crispy on the outside!
- 500g (17.5oz) spaghetti, I used gluten-free spaghetti by Schar
- 1 large eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 5 Tbsps tomato paste
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dry
- 1 tsp thyme, dry
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package. You can leave it a bit al dente. It will cook more in the oven.
- Grease an oven tray with 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large pan and add cubed eggplant and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook them for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add tomato paste, diced tomatoes and peppers, spices and seasonings, and garlic, into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- When pasta is ready, put it in the oven tray. Pour over the cooked eggplant and onion and the tomato sauce.
- Mix in the tray and spread evenly.
- Place it in the oven at 180C (375F) for 20 minutes.
- Serve! 🙂
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 7.4gCarbohydrates 56.4gProtein 9.7g
Sunday 29th of July 2018
Never thought of baking pasta before, but it's soooo delicious and filling! Perfect for brunch!
Saturday 11th of August 2018
Thank you! So glad you liked it!