Change language / Schimba limba: Română
These mini falafel bites can be used as snacks, party appetizers or accompany a delicious mashed potato with salad meal. Check out the recipe below!
I am a huge fan of the Lebanese cuisine! It has so many amazing vegetarian and vegan meals and all the recipes have unique ingredient blends. Falafels are my top favorite and apparently, yours too! My healthy falafel recipe is my most popular recipe on the blog!
This time, I wanted to try something new. I followed the traditional recipe and transformed it into these mini falafel bites which can be served as crunchy snacks, protein-rich appetizers or even as a ‘topping’ on some mashed potatoes and/or salad.
I avoid deep-frying, so even though I fried these (to get that crunchy texture), I used very little oil on a non-stick frying pan. Alternatively, you can deep-fry them, just as in the traditional recipe, or if you want an even healthier version, you could simply bake them. They won’t end up so crunchy, but you could grease them individually with some oil and place them on a tray covered with parchment paper. This may do the trick.
I tried this mini falafel bites with a za’atar spice mix as well. I loved them! You could play with the ingredients and customize them to your liking. They go great served with some drizzled tahini sauce on top or some labneh (for those of you who eat dairy).
Hope you’ll like these mini falafel bites! Let me know what you think about this recipe in the comments section below. Enjoy!
P.S. If you want to eat delicious recipes like this every day, check out my custom meal plans!
P.P.S. I LOVE Lebanese cuisine. If you love it too, check out Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. His recipes are truly inspiring!
- Drain chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients in the food processor. Process until a rough paste is formed. Make sure you don't over process. It doesn't have to be smooth.
- Move to a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap. Let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan.
- Note: I don't deep-fry. I just add oil on the bottom of a pan and make the falafel bites a little flatter, not perfectly round, so they can cook evenly on both sides. You can also deep-fry, if you want.
- Cook each falafel bite on both sides, until crispy.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g