Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This zucchini casserole with cheese is a budget-friendly recipe made with simple, whole ingredients, that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters!
Yesterday, I received some yummy zucchinis from my boyfriend’s parents’ garden and I had no idea what to do with them. They were some monster zucchinis! Too bad I didn’t take a photo of them. I can’t believe how amazing their fruits and veggies are. Despite having the most delicious taste, they also grow really big! 🙂
Today, I got the idea to make a zucchini casserole with cheese using one of the zucchinis I received. Yes, just one. A HUGE one! It equals to 3-4 large store-bought zucchinis like I mentioned in the recipe below.
Combined with cheese, this zucchini casserole turned out to be a delicious comfort recipe. I just couldn’t help myself and ate two servings at once! 🙂
This zucchini casserole recipe is super easy to make, you just have to mix the ingredients, put them in a pan and let them cook for an hour. You can serve it with some full-fat, real sour cream on top. Delicious! 🙂
I hope you’ll like this tasty zucchini casserole. If you’re looking for some more delicious vegetarian casserole recipes, check out these: Lentils and Veggies Gratin, Cauliflower and Cheese Casserole, Grandma’s Spaghetti and Cheese Casserole, Vegetarian Mushroom Shepherd’s Pie.
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, grated
- 5 Tbsps dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 mashed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh sour cream, optional
- Grate the zucchinis and strain them to eliminate all excess water. Press them into the strainer to get as much water out as you can.
- Put them in a bowl and add all the other ingredients, except sour cream.
- Mix very well and put the composition in a pre-greased casserole dish.
- Place in oven at 180C/350F for an hour.
- Serve hot with fresh sour cream on top.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g