This recipe was made by my mother. It was absolutely amazing! I’m not a cauliflower fan, I find it a bit tasteless, but this cauliflower and cheese casserole was just perfect! It goes perfectly with cheese and dill. So simple and delicious.
Dear vegs or non-vegs, you will definitely love this cauliflower and cheese casserole recipe! It’s the perfect, healthy comfort food! Try it! Looking forward to your feedback! I’d love to make this again and maybe even improve the recipe so if you have any tips, let me know!
[UPDATE] As I gave up dairy recently, I also tried the vegan version for this recipe. I used tofu and mashed potatoes, to replace eggs and cheese. It turned out great! Hope you’ll give it a try
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 200g cheese (I used feta cheese) | or tofu (I used smoked tofu)
- 5 eggs | or 3 red skin potatoes, boiled and mashed
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- There are two ways to cook the cauliflower.
- With steamer: Just detach the florets and place them in the steamer. Steam for about 20 minutes.
- Without steamer: Detach the florets and place them in a medium pot filled with water. Add salt in the water. Boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower and place the florets in a bowl. Start mashing the florets using a fork.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. /or/ Mash potatoes.
- Add crushed teleme cheese/tofu, chopped dill, beaten eggs/mashed potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Blend well together. Pour in a casserole and place in the preheated oven. Let it cook at 392 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Want other ways to cook cauliflower? This Creamy Cauliflower Salad will become your favorite too!