This recipe was initially made by my mother and it was absolutely amazing! I’m not a big cauliflower fan, as I find it a bit tasteless, but this cauliflower and cheese casserole was just perfect! It goes perfectly with feta cheese and dill. So simple and delicious.
Dear vegs or non-vegs, you will definitely love this cauliflower and cheese casserole recipe! It has a creamy texture on the inside and a lovely crunchy crust on the outside. It’s the perfect vegetarian comfort recipe. Cheese is absolutely perfect with cauliflower! Hope you’ll give this a try.[Later edit: I really miss this recipe, now that I’ve stopped eating dairy products. I think you can make it with tofu cream cheese instead (just blend tofu in the food processor until it gets creamy). If you want it completely vegan, maybe you can substitute eggs with starchy mashed potatoes and some psyllium husks. What do you think?]
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 200g cheese (I used feta cheese) |
- 5 eggs
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- There are two ways to cook the cauliflower.
- With steamer: Just detach the florets and place them in the steamer. Steam for about 20 minutes.
- Without steamer: Detach the florets and place them in a medium pot filled with water. Add salt in the water. Boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower and place the florets in a bowl. Start mashing the florets using a fork.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add crushed teleme cheese, chopped dill, beaten eggs, salt and pepper.
- Blend well together. Pour in a casserole and place in the preheated oven. Let it cook at 392 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Want other ways to cook cauliflower? This Creamy Cauliflower Salad will become your favorite too!