Tired of spaghetti? Make this spinach cannelloni recipe and you’ll look at pasta differently! Perfect for feeding a whole family.
Yesterday, I felt like cooking something new. Bad weather and lazy mood, all I wanted to do was stay indoors, eat something good and watch a movie. I craved pasta so I bought cannelloni and decided to stuff them with cheese and spinach. Oh my, what a great combination!
I never cooked cannelloni before. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough stuffing and they were not as stuffed as they should have been but they were great anyway. Tip! Stuff them until they’re completely full. I’ll try this spinach cannelloni recipe with tofu as well. I think it will be just as delicious. So, if you’re vegan, just replace feta with tofu 🙂
This spinach and feta cannelloni will be my last pasta meal for the next 1-2 months as I’ll start my pilates/aerobic classes tomorrow. I want to get a fit body. Eating healthy is not enough. I am not an athletic person at all! This will be hard for me but I think it’s time to do something about it. I want to be slim and fit not just slim.
This spinach cannelloni was definitely a recipe to remember and I will try it again soon! I’m sure you’ll love it too.
I’d like to cook cannelloni again, what other stuffings you think would go with it?
Tired of spaghetti? Make this spinach cannelloni recipe and you'll look at pasta differently! Perfect for feeding a whole family.
- 200g (1 cup) feta cheese
- 300g (2 cups) fresh, canned or frozen spinach (if frozen let it thaw first)
- 1 pack of cannelloni about 18-20 pieces per pack
- 5 Tbsps tomato sauce
- 180g (1 cup) peeled, cooked and chopped tomatoes (I used homemade but you can use canned too)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together feta cheese with spinach. Mash them with a fork.
- Start stuffing the cannelloni using a small fork or teaspoon. Stuff them until they’re full.
- Spray an oven tray with some olive oil.
- Place the cannelloni in the oven tray.
- In another bowl, add tomato sauce, peeled & chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil. Mix well and pour over the cannelloni in the tray. Spread evenly.
- Add some water in the tray; not much, just a little, about 1/4 cup.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven at 160-180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook for about half an hour then serve!
Amount Per Serving Calories 93Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 16mgSodium 209mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 4g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Thursday 19th of July 2018
I made this recipe with tofu yesterday and it was amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us!!
Monday 22nd of October 2018
Glad you liked it! You're welcome!
Tuesday 26th of March 2013
Thanks Alise! Sure, as long as the article has a link back to my original post :)