Tired of spaghetti? Make this spinach cannelloni recipe and you’ll look at pasta differently! Perfect for feeding a whole family.
Yesterday, I felt like cooking something new. Bad weather and lazy mood, all I wanted to do was stay indoors, eat something good and watch a movie. I craved pasta so I bought cannelloni and decided to stuff them with cheese and spinach. Oh my, what a great combination!
I never cooked cannelloni before. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough stuffing and they were not as stuffed as they should have been but they were great anyway. Tip! Stuff them until they’re completely full. I’ll try this spinach cannelloni recipe with tofu as well. I think it will be just as delicious. So, if you’re vegan, just replace feta with tofu 🙂
This spinach and feta cannelloni will be my last pasta meal for the next 1-2 months as I’ll start my pilates/aerobic classes tomorrow. I want to get a fit body. Eating healthy is not enough. I am not an athletic person at all! This will be hard for me but I think it’s time to do something about it. I want to be slim and fit not just slim.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
This spinach cannelloni was definitely a recipe to remember and I will try it again soon! I’m sure you’ll love it too.
I’d like to cook cannelloni again, what other stuffings you think would go with it?
- 200g feta cheese
- 2 cups fresh, canned or frozen spinach (if frozen let it thaw first)
- 1 pack of cannelloni (about 18-20 pieces per pack)
- 5 tbsps tomato sauce
- 1 cup peeled, cooked and chopped tomatoes (I used homemade but you can use canned too)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together feta cheese with spinach. Mash them with a fork.
- Start stuffing the cannelloni using a small fork or teaspoon. Stuff them until they’re full.
- Spray an oven tray with some olive oil.
- Place the cannelloni in the oven tray.
- In another bowl, add tomato sauce, peeled & chopped tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil. Mix well and pour over the cannelloni in the tray. Spread evenly.
- Add some water in the tray; not much, just a little, about ¼ cup.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven at 160-180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook for about half an hour then serve!