Introducing my grandma’s beloved baked spaghetti casserole recipe, a cherished family vegetarian dish that promises ultimate comfort for you and your loved ones! While it may not fit into a strict diet plan, this cheesy delight is a divine indulgence worth savoring on special occasions.
My grandma’s culinary prowess shines through in this delectable creation, crafted with love and a dash of nostalgia. Last weekend, she treated me to this heavenly baked spaghetti casserole, igniting a craving that demanded its recipe. And trust me, it’s every bit as irresistible as it sounds.
While I opted for feta cheese in this rendition, feel free to experiment with different cheeses to tailor the flavor to your liking. Perhaps a Quattro Formaggi twist could take this dish to new heights of cheesy bliss!
Prepare to be enchanted by each mouthful of this delectable creation—it’s a culinary journey you won’t soon forget. And if you find yourself captivated by this casserole, be sure to explore my equally tempting zucchini and cheese casserole recipe for yet another flavorful adventure.
Tips for the best baked cheesy spaghetti casserole with crispy outsides
- Cook Pasta Al Dente: Cook the spaghetti until it is al dente, meaning it’s cooked but still slightly firm to the bite. Overcooked pasta can become mushy and won’t hold up well in the casserole.
- Drain Pasta Well: After cooking the spaghetti, drain it thoroughly to remove excess water. Excess moisture can make the casserole soggy instead of crispy.
- Toss with Olive Oil: Once drained, toss the cooked spaghetti with a small amount of olive oil. This helps prevent sticking and adds a light coating that promotes crispiness during baking.
- Layer Ingredients: Layer the spaghetti evenly in the baking dish, ensuring each layer is covered with cheese.
Baked Spagetti Casserole with Cheese
- 500 g spaghetti
- 200 g ricotta
- 200 g feta cheese
- 6 cloves garlic mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta following the instructions on the package. (10-12 minutes)
- Preheat your oven at 395F (200C).
- Coat the oven tray with some olive oil.
- Drain the spaghetti and put them in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs with salt and pepper and pour them over the pasta.
- Using a fork, blend cheeses together and when they have a paste-like consistency add them over the spaghetti.
- *Add sliced/mashed garlic. (optional)
- Mix well, then put them in the oven tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 30-35 minutes, until golden and crispy. You can use the grill for the last 10 minutes to create a lovely crust on top.