Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
Vegetarian recipe for lentils and veggies gratin casserole dish, easy to make and budget-friendly.
This lentils and veggies gratin recipe is AAAHMAZING!! Really! It was made by my dad about 2 weeks ago and it had a huge success. He saw a cooking TV show where a similar recipe was prepared and because he never made a gratin before he decided to give it a try. The crispy crust is delicious and the composition has a ‘meaty’ texture everyone will love.
You definitely have to give this lentils and veggies recipe a try!
- 1 cup red lentils, boiled for 20 minutes
- 1 cup grated teleme cheese, or any other healthy cheese you like
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 cup celeriac, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- approx. ½ cup breadcrumbs (you can use GF breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bunch of parsley, chopped
- Saute the carrot, parsnip celery root, onion and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the following ingredients in a large bowl: sauteed veggies and mushrooms, grated teleme cheese, beaten eggs, boiled red lentils, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Put the composition in a previously oil coated casserole.
- In a separate bowl mix the breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan and spread evenly over the veggies in the casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180-200 degrees Celsius.