Make this delicious lentils and veggies gratin casserole and enjoy a budget-friendly recipe your whole family will love!
This lentils and veggies gratin recipe is AAAHMAZING!! Really! I just discovered how you can make a gratin and I’ll be using this technique for all my new casserole recipes. It turns a boring casserole into a delicious comfort meal!
I saw a cooking TV show where a similar recipe was prepared and that’s where I learn this technique from. The crispy crust is delicious and it’s really not that complicated to make. Also, the filling has a rich, ‘meaty’ texture even non-vegetarians will love. 🙂
You definitely have to give this lentils and veggies recipe a try!
- 200g (1 cup) red lentils, boiled for 20 minutes
- 130g (1 cup) grated feta cheese
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 100g (1 cup) celeriac, chopped
- 180g (2 cups) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- approx 50g (½ cup) breadcrumbs, you can use GF breadcrumbs
- 70g (½ cup) grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bunch of parsley, chopped
- Saute the carrot, parsnip celery root, onion and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the following ingredients in a large bowl: sauteed veggies and mushrooms, grated feta cheese, beaten eggs, boiled red lentils, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Put the composition in a previously oil coated casserole.
- In a separate bowl mix the breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan and spread evenly over the veggies in the casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180-200 degrees Celsius.
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 64mgSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 27gSugar 7gProtein 33g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.