Get ready for a unique and delicious experience with a breakfast quiche! With a tender crust, filled with fluffy eggs and savory ingredients, this quiche is a real morning feast for a great start of the day.
For me, cooking is a wonderful way to express creativity and a way to bring joy and satisfaction to everyday life. However, every time I choose to venture into the kitchen, I seek to encourage a balance between taste and health.
For this breakfast quiche recipe, I was attracted by the perfect combination between the tender puff pastry crust and the creamy filling, enriched with mushrooms and green onions, with a hint of smoked tofu.
This vegetarian quiche can be adapted for different dietary preferences, including gluten-free, lactose-free, or vegan versions, so that you can all enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal. So, let’s venture into the kitchen and prepare together with this delicious quiche, with much joy and enthusiasm!
Are you looking for other quiche recipes? Also try these quiche breakfast ideas:
- Best Mini Quiche Recipe – 4 Topping Ideas!
- Vegan Quiche Lorraine
- Asparagus Quiche
- Vegan Crustless Quiche with Peppers
Ingredients for breakfast pie quiche
- Puff pastry sheet: The puff pastry sheet adds a soft and crispy texture to the recipe. This forms the base of the quiche and is perfect to support the filling.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms add a juicy texture and a rich umami taste to quiche. They can be cut into thin slices and salted before adding to the filling to remove excess water. Choose fresh mushrooms and cut them evenly for even cooking.
- Green onions: Green onions add a subtle note of flavor and a crunchy texture to the quiche. You can use the white part and the green part of green onions for a variety of flavors. Tips: Cut the green onion thinly to ensure an even distribution in the filling.
- Mozzarella: Mozzarella is a cheese with a soft and creamy texture that adds a delicate taste and a beautiful appearance to the quiche. It melts well and gives a fluffy consistency.
- Eggs: Eggs are a basic element of the recipe, giving consistency and binding the other ingredients together. They also add a rich and fluffy taste to the quiche. Beat the eggs well before adding them to the filling.
- Liquid cream: Liquid cream adds extra creaminess and consistency to the quiche. This contributes to the filling and provides a rich taste. Choose liquid cream with a higher fat content for a richer and creamier result.
- Smoked tofu: Smoked tofu adds a note of smoke and a distinctive taste to the quiche, being an excellent option for those who prefer a vegetarian or vegan dish. You can also use bacon instead.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is used to grease the pan and to add a subtle note of fat and its characteristic flavor to the crust and filling.
These ingredients combine harmoniously to create a savory quiche with a soft, creamy texture and filled with delicious flavors. By modifying or adapting the quantities and types of ingredients, you can customize the recipe according to your culinary preferences.
- Gluten-free breakfast quiche:
- Lactose-free breakfast quiche:
- Vegan breakfast quiche:
- Low calorie breakfast quiche:
- For a version with fewer calories, you can reduce the amount of olive oil used to grease the pan and you can opt for yogurt instead of liquid cream.
- Use a smaller amount of cheese.
- Consider preparing this quiche without the crust, instead of puff pastry.
These tips will help you adapt this breakfast quiche recipe for different food or dietary needs, allowing you to enjoy the quiche according to your lifestyle and culinary tastes.
Breakfast Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
For the smoked tofu "bacon bits":
- ½ cup smoked tofu
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Lightly saute the sliced mushrooms in a pan, with some olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare the "tofu bacon" by slicing the tofu into small pieces.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the tofu slices and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with ground cumin and continue cooking until the tofu slices are browned, for another 3 minutes. Add the honey and mix. Remove the tofu from the heat and transfer it to a bowl to cool.
- Prepare the quiche:
- In a bowl, add eggs, liquid cream, salt and pepper. Mix until you get a uniform composition.
- Put the puff pastry in the baking form covered with some parchment paper. Bring it up to cover the walls as well.
- Add in the mushrooms, green onions, mozzarella and "tofu bacon". Pour over the egg mixture and mix inside with a spatula.
- Put the quiche in the oven for 30 minutes or until the middle becomes solid.
- Serve either warm or cold, with fresh chopped herbs on top/
Amount Per Serving Calories 639Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 153mgSodium 687mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 16g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.