These raw vegan chocolate ice cream cupcakes are ready in just 10 minutes and are super-healthy and delicious!
If you want something sweet, healthy and delicious too, then you really should try these raw vegan chocolate ice cream cupcakes! These cute little ice cream cupcakes are ready in just 10 minutes. The food processor/blender will do pretty much all the work for you.
Even though I say “chocolate” you should know that these raw cupcakes were made using carob powder. Carob powder is 100 times better than cocoa! It does not only taste better (it’s sweeter), but it is also alkaline and so, a healthier alternative.
Let me know if you’ll try these raw vegan chocolate ice cream cupcakes. 🙂
Question: Do you use carob powder in desserts? How do you use it?
- ⅓ cup raw hazelnuts, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 Tbsps carob powder
- 10 dates, pitted
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 Tbsps carob powder
- 1 Tbsp honey, or any other healthy sweetener of choice
- ground cloves, sprinkled
- blueberries ( if you have, I think it would have looked great with a lovely blueberry in the middle.)
- Place the hazelnuts, carob powder and dates in your food processor. Mix until you get a smooth and sticky paste.
- Divide the mixture into three and put it into the cupcake forms.
- Place the frozen bananas, sweetener and 3 tablespoons of carob powder in the food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour cream in the cupcakes form.
- Sprinkle some ground cloves on top and maybe add some blueberries and that’s it! Serve immediately if you like the filling's consistency or place in freezer for 15-20 minutes then serve.