This is one of my best tomato soups so far! It is currently on the first place, followed by my Creamy Peas Soup, Creamy Red Lentil Soup and Potato and Carrot Caraway Flavored Creamy Soup. Everytime I make one of these soups I just can’t stop eating! I always eat triple servings, they’re addictive!
Very important!! I used corn because it gives an extra taste and texture to this tomato soup. If you live in US, Canada or any other country where you cannot buy organic, non-GM corn it’s better not to add corn at all. Avoid corn if it’s GM. Here is an article you should read: Monsanto GM corn caused tumors in rats.
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn (you can use canned corn – please use only non-GM corn; if you can’t find any organic corn skip this ingredient)
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup vinegar from pickles jar – this is sweeter (if you use apple vinegar add less: 1-3 tbsps)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper in an oven tray. Spray with olive oil and let them roast for about 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add some olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until golden.
- Fill the pot with water – as much as you want, if you want it creamy use less water.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and bell pepper in the pot.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and tomato paste.
- Boil for 5 minutes then romeove from heat. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending very well.
- Add corn and pasley.