Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This roasted bell pepper tomato soup is one of my best tomato soups so far! It is currently in the first place, followed by my Creamy Peas Soup, Creamy Red Lentil Soup and Potato and Carrot Caraway Flavored Creamy Soup. Every time I make one of these soups I just can’t stop eating! I always eat triple servings… they’re addictive!
Very important!! I used corn because it adds some extra sweetness and texture to this tomato soup. If you live in US, Canada or any other country where you cannot buy organic, non-GMO corn it’s better not to add corn at all. Avoid corn if it’s GMO. Here is an article you should read: Monsanto GM corn caused tumors in rats.
Other than that, this roasted bell pepper tomato soup is amazing! Roasted red bell peppers have always been my favorite, and combined with the sweetness of roasted tomatoes, turned this soup into one of the best soups I’ve made. Give it a try!
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 165g (1 cup) cooked sweet corn, you can use canned corn – please use only non-GM corn; if you can’t find any organic corn skip this ingredient
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 60ml (¼ cup) vinegar from pickles jar – this is sweeter, if you use apple vinegar add less: 1-3 Tbsps
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper in an oven tray. Spray with olive oil and let them roast for about 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add some olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until golden.
- Fill the pot with water – as much as you want, if you want it creamy use less water.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and bell pepper in the pot.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and tomato paste.
- Boil for 5 minutes then romeove from heat. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending very well.
- Add corn and pasley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 78Total Fat 2.5gCarbohydrates 12gProtein 2g