Try this eggplant involtini recipe and enjoy the delicious, cheesy ricotta stuffing and flavorful tomato sauce.
I made this ricotta stuffed eggplant rolls recipe a few days ago and I absolutely fell in love with it! I must be honest and say this was not entirely my idea. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. First, I thought it was going to be a bit complicated to make but I was wrong! It is super-easy and anyone can make it. Also, it will be a huge success at the dinner table – in my case, everyone loved it!
This ricotta stuffed eggplant rolls recipe is one of those recipes that will convince even a non-veg that vegetarian recipes are delicious and very filling. Give it a try and let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did 😀
*recipe simplified and modified – inspired by Alexandra Cooks
- 2 eggplants
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 50g feta cheese
- 4 Tbsps dill, chopped
- 1 can peeled tomatoes with sauce
- 2 tsps thyme
- 1-2 tbsps oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the stem end of each eggplant. Slice them lengthwise using a mandoline or a sharp knife. The slices should be ¼-inch thick. Sprinkle them with sea salt on both sides and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with some oil. Add the eggplant slices and cook them on both sides – about 1 minute per side or until they get soft and easy to work with.
- When all eggplant slices are cooked, set them aside in order to let them cool a little bit.
- Meanwhile, add ricotta cheese, feta cheese, chopped dill and thyme in a bowl. Mash them using a fork. Add more salt if needed.
- Start stuffing the rolls. Use 1tbsp of cheese mix per roll.
- Add peeled tomatoes with sauce in a casserole dish.
- Place the rolls on top and squeeze them together.
- Bake in the oven for half an hour.
- Serve these ricotta rolls hot with sour cream on top. Heavenly! :D