Change language / Schimba limba: Română
This is an easy chocolate mousse recipe you can make with absolutely no special cooking skills. It will be smooth and delicious!
This is the first time I make chocolate mousse! It’s not a chocolate mousse recipe like the ones written in cookbooks, because I just followed my intuition and not some strict rules. Anyway, I can assure you the result is AMAZING! It is also the first time I eat chocolate mousse and I am absolutely astonished by the extra-smooth texture and rich chocolate flavor. I think this will be the only way I am going to eat chocolate from now on.
This is an easy chocolate mousse recipe and with just a few steps that anyone can follow.
- 100 g semisweet chocolate, chopped ( you can also use dark chocolate 85% cocoa- it's healthier)
- 30 ml dark-brewed coffee
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp sucanat, skip this ingredient if you're using sweet chocolate
- 3 ml rum essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat a saucepan one-third full with hot water, and in a bowl set on top, melt together the chocolate and coffee, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- I used a steam oven to melt the chocolate. It's easier and it is ready in 7-8 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 1 tbsp of sucanat and rum for about 3 minutes until the mixture is thick, like mayonnaise. (You can also use a handheld electric mixer.)
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with salt and vanilla in a separate bowl until you get a foamy texture.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture and whisk just until incorporated. Be careful not to over mix!
- Divide the mousse into serving dishes and place in bowls. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until firm. ( I wasn't that patient so I ate it after only one hour. It had a sticky, caramel-like texture which I actually loved!)
I absolutely love spicy chocolate! If you want to taste something different add a pinch of chili powder in the chocolate mousse. It will be amazing!
Also, you can get that spicy flavor by adding ground Sichuan pepper berries. Just a pinch or two are enough to get a unique aroma.
If you want something with a seasonal flavor you can add some cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. It will smell and taste like Christmas!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g