Try this oyster mushroom spaghetti recipe, if you want a healthy, “meaty” vegan pasta dish! The sweet and spicy sauce goes great with this!
I am a huge pasta fan! I try to make pasta dishes as healthy as possible because we all know that eating too much pasta is not good for our weight. That’s what I did with this oyster mushroom spaghetti recipe! It has all the qualities of a great comfort food, without the extra calories!
This is a very easy mushroom pasta recipe. You’ll love how all the flavors blend in together. The wine’s pleasant aroma and the mushrooms’ meaty texture are two things that I love most about this recipe.
Haven’t tried oyster mushrooms so far? You will love them after making this recipe! 🙂
Enjoy! Don’t forget to let me know how it was!
- 500 g gluten-free spaghetti , I used Schar spaghetti
- 2 cups chopped oyster mushroom, Pleurotus
- 1 big onion, diced
- 1 can, 400g chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 glass of red wine
- 1-2 pinches of chili powder, optional
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh or dry basil leaves
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook spaghetti as per package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add chopped onions and garlic. Sauté until golden, then add the chopped oyster mushrooms. Add wine and sauté until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add chopped peeled tomatoes, dry basil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- When ready pour over the spaghetti and mix gently.