Try these chocolate chip coconut muffins and they will definitely become your all-time favorite dessert! Moist, sweet and nutty-flavored, these coconut muffins are really easy to make!
Since this stressful period began I started to have these huge sweet cravings. It’s like my brain needs fuel or something. No raw, healthy desserts or delicious fruits can satisfy my cravings..oh no..I crave for baked warm goodies! So today, right before an awful exam, I decided to indulge myself with the cute coconut muffins in the photos below.
Baking + chocolate = Love, right?! You’ll definitely love this coconut muffins recipe. I added some coconut flakes to make them taste even better! These are super chocolate chip coconut muffins! I named them Coco-choco Muffins! Ha! I think all that sweetness went straight to my brain. :))
I wish I made these vegan but I have to test some good egg substitutes first. Do you know any egg-free muffin recipes? Looking forward to your comments. 🙂
- 110g (½ cup) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 230g (1 cup) coconut milk, or any other type of milk
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 120g (1 cup) all-purpose flour or use a luten-free flour mix
- 120g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 135g (⅔ cups) coconut sugar
- 10g (2 tsp) baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 170g (1 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 25g (¼ cup) coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare your muffin tin by lining with paper cases and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, vegan milk, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flours, coconut flakes, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients, along with the melted oil, into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter! A few lumps are ok.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons /muffin. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick; When they’re ready to come out, the toothpick will remain dry.
- Let the muffins sit in the tin for 1-2 minutes after you take them out of the oven, place them on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then serve still warm,
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 34mgSodium 80mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 6g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.