This tomato pasta bake recipe is an easy, budget-friendly and delicious casserole recipe you’ll love! It’s moist on the inside and crispy on the outside!
I love casseroles! They’re so easy to make! I have a bunch of casserole recipes on the blog and they’re among my most popular recipes. I guess people like them so much because all you have to do is mix and bake and with minimal effort you get a delicious, hearty, budget-friendly meal, ideal for feeding whole families! 🙂
The question is: “How to make pasta bake?”. Pasta bakes are even easier. All you have to do is boil pasta and then mix them in an oven tray with a sauce of choice. So, if you don’t feel like cooking every day, make a casserole and you’ve got yourself covered for at least 3 days! If you don’t want to get bored by eating the same thing every day, spice it up with some new toppings or light side dishes, such as salads.
When I made this recipe I was actually thinking about Ratatouille and wanted to combine the famous recipe with pasta and see how it turns out. Because I didn’t have any zucchini, I ended up making something else entirely, but this roasted ratatouille pasta is next on my to-do list. 🙂
- 500g (17.5oz) spaghetti, I used gluten-free spaghetti by Schar
- 1 large eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 5 Tbsps tomato paste
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano, dry
- 1 tsp thyme, dry
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package. You can leave it a bit al dente. It will cook more in the oven.
- Grease an oven tray with 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large pan and add cubed eggplant and diced onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook them for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add tomato paste, diced tomatoes and peppers, spices and seasonings, and garlic, into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- When pasta is ready, put it in the oven tray. Pour over the cooked eggplant and onion and the tomato sauce.
- Mix in the tray and spread evenly.
- Place it in the oven at 180C (375F) for 20 minutes.
- Serve! 🙂
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 7.4gCarbohydrates 56.4gProtein 9.7g