This ricotta cheese ball with spices and herbs goes great served on brunches or parties as an appetizer, along with some crunchy crackers, toasts or chips.
I made this easy cheese ball recipe for the New Years Party I hosted. I had a lot of work to do, organizing, cooking, but I’m glad it all turned out very well. The party was great and my friends loved the food :D.
I made about 20 appetizer recipes! Most of them were ovo-lacto-vegetarian, but just a few contained fish as well. I didn’t want to scare them with my veg menu, so for some crostinis, I added a salmon topping and also made a smoked mackerel salad (uhm…actualy mom made that :)) ).
So, you’ll probably think that I have over 20 appetizer recipes to show you, right? Well, NO! Unfortunately, I finished them all at about 5 o’clock and because it was really foggy outside, I didn’t have good light to take photos of all of them. I only took photos for 5 recipes, and this ricotta cheese ball is one of them.
Cheese was almost the main ingredient in my menu. I wanted to make a delicious menu for my non-veg friends and a vegan one would have been a little too shocking for them. The recipes turned out great and they loved them 🙂
This ricotta cheese ball with spices and herbs is extremely easy to make! Really, I finished it in like 10 minutes! You can serve this with crackers, salty biscuits, toasts etc.
How was your New Years Eve party menu? 😀
How to make a cheese ball? Here’s the recipe
Cheese Ball with Spices and Herbs
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g feta cheese
- 5 Tbsps dill chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt to taste, if needed
- 4 Tbsps chopped parsley + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ]spices: turmeric sweet paprika, caraway seeds, poppy seeds, oregano, sesame seeds etc.
- Put ricotta cheese in a large bowl. Add feta cheese, which was previously mashed with a fork.
- Using a hand mixer, or just your hands, blend the cheeses together.
- Add chopped onion and dill. Salt also, if needed. Taste to see if it is salty enough.
- Make a ball shape and put it on the platter on which you will serve it.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped parsley with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Coat one side of the cheese ball with this mixture, just like in the photos.
- Coat the cheese ball with other spices.
- Serve it with crackers, salty biscuits or toasts.
Looking for similar appetizers? Try this Super Smooth Cream Cheese with Herbs.