This ricotta cheese ball with spices and herbs goes great served on brunches or parties as an appetizer, along with some crunchy crackers, toasts or chips.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I made this easy cheese ball recipe for the New Years Party I hosted. I had a lot of work to do, organizing, cooking, but I’m glad it all turned out very well. The party was great and my friends loved the food :D.
I made about 20 appetizer recipes! Most of them were ovo-lacto-vegetarian, but just a few contained fish as well. I didn’t want to scare them with my veg menu, so for some crostinis, I added a salmon topping and also made a smoked mackerel salad (uhm…actualy mom made that :)) ).
So, you’ll probably think that I have over 20 appetizer recipes to show you, right? Well, NO! Unfortunately, I finished them all at about 5 o’clock and because it was really foggy outside, I didn’t have good light to take photos of all of them. I only took photos for 5 recipes, and this ricotta cheese ball is one of them.
Cheese was almost the main ingredient in my menu. I wanted to make a delicious menu for my non-veg friends and a vegan one would have been a little too shocking for them. The recipes turned out great and they loved them 🙂
This ricotta cheese ball with spices and herbs is extremely easy to make! Really, I finished it in like 10 minutes! You can serve this with crackers, salty biscuits, toasts etc.
How was your New Years Eve party menu? 😀
How to make a cheese ball? Here’s the recipe
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 200g feta cheese
- 5 Tbsps dill, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt, to taste, if needed
- 4 Tbsps chopped parsley + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ]spices: turmeric, sweet paprika, caraway seeds, poppy seeds, oregano, sesame seeds etc.
- Put ricotta cheese in a large bowl. Add feta cheese, which was previously mashed with a fork.
- Using a hand mixer, or just your hands, blend the cheeses together.
- Add chopped onion and dill. Salt also, if needed. Taste to see if it is salty enough.
- Make a ball shape and put it on the platter on which you will serve it.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped parsley with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Coat one side of the cheese ball with this mixture, just like in the photos.
- Coat the cheese ball with other spices.
- Serve it with crackers, salty biscuits or toasts.
Looking for similar appetizers? Try this Super Smooth Cream Cheese with Herbs.