This grilled vegan cheese sandwich is super-easy to make, budget-friendly, healthy and most important of all – the homemade vegan cheese actually melts!
Remember my “Best Vegan Cheese Recipes” Challenge? My first attempt at making vegan cheese was my vegan mozzarella recipe and I absolutely fell in love with vegan cheeses since then! I made vegan mac&cheese, vegan cream cheese, and now these awesome melty gluten-free grilled vegan cheese sandwiches!
I haven’t had time to post all recipes on the blog, but I’ll try to do my best and post more often. I have so many great recipes I want to share with you all! 😀
Just take a look at these awesome, crunchy, perfect comfort snack! Oh my… I want some more. Right now! For these grilled vegan cheese sandwiches I used my vegan mozzarella cheese recipe and two types of gluten-free bread – one rustic and the other white, both of them from my favorite gluten-free brand – Schar.
What do you think about this grilled vegan cheese sandwich?
Can’t you just feel the crunchiness just by looking at the GIF above?! To make these gluten-free grilled vegan cheese sandwiches even better, I added some wild garlic leaves inside them. The subtle garlic flavor was the cherry on top! Loved it!
Hope you’ll make these gluten-free grilled vegan cheese sandwiches too. You’ll love them, trust me! 😀
- a couple of vegan mozzarella cheese slices - 2 per sandwich - Check out the recipe here.
- gluten-free bread - I used rustic and white GF Schar bread - 2 slices per sandwich
- a few wild garlic leaves - 2 chopped leaves per sandwich
- olive oil
- Brush the bread slices and sandwich maker with some olive oil.
- Make the sandwiches and place them in the sandwich maker.
- If you don't have a sandwich maker you can make the sandwiches and grill them on the stove, using a grill pan.
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 16gCarbohydrates 70.6gProtein 8g