The Kollath breakfast is an easy-to-make raw vegan breakfast with a high nutritional content, made of wheat flakes and dry fruits and nuts. This recipe is a kollath chia chocolate pudding with fruits and nuts.
Have you heard of the Kollath breakfast before? Well, for me it was the first time. I was approached by Solaris, a Romanian company I like very much, and I was asked to do a review on their new product, the Kollath breakfast mix. I gladly accepted and they sent me a bunch of products, from nuts and seeds, to dry fruits and nut butters, basically, everything you need for an awesome healthy breakfast!
First of all, let me tell you a bit about what the Kollath breakfast is. The Kollath breakfast was first invented in the 20th century by Dr. Werner Kollath, who discovered a way of making wheat easily digestible without boiling it. By mixing it with dry fruits and nuts, you get all the vitamins and minerals you need for starting your day. The Kollath breakfast will make you feel full for longer periods of time, which also makes it perfect for those of you who want to healthily lose a couple of pounds. Also, it eliminates constipation, regulates digestion, improves well-being and gives you a nice supply of vitamins and minerals.
That being said, I couldn’t wait to give it a try. Unfortunately, as you probably know, I gave up gluten, so the tester for this recipe was my boyfriend, Costin. He is even pickier than I am, so if he says it’s good, it really is!
The original Kollath breakfast recipe is pretty simple. Just soak the wheat flakes and fruits and nuts mix overnight, then combine them the next morning with some lemon juice and freshly grated apple. I wanted to try something else and make this breakfast even more nutritious! I decided to make a carob chia pudding and add the wheat flakes and nuts and fruits. It turned out great!
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy and super nutritious and delicious breakfast, the Kollath breakfast is the best choice for you. Combine it with the miracle chia seeds and you’ve got pure health in a bowl!
Enjoy! If you’re going to give it a try, don’t forget to send in your feedback!
P.S. Thanks Solaris for the wonderful products! 🙂
- 1 Solaris Kollath Breakfast mix (the equivalent of 3 Tbsps wheat flakes + 3 Tbsps nuts and dry fruits mix)
- 1 Tbsps carob powder
- 1 tsp honey (or another healthy sweetener of choice)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsps chia seeds
- Soak the wheat flakes overnight in some water, and leave them at room temperature to ferment.
- Soak dry fruits and nuts mix (optional). I personally prefer them not soaked, as I like a little bit of crunchiness added to this pudding.
- Add banana, chia seeds, honey and carob powder in the blender. Blend well.
- Combine the soaked wheat flakes with the mix above.
- Add nuts and dry fruits mix on top and serve.