Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Make these spring roasted veggies and enjoy them just as they are, with a sauce on top, or serve them as a rich, flavorful side dish.
I couldn’t wait to eat baby potatoes this year and today I finally bought some from the farmer’s market. They were great! I combined them with some other veggies and came up with this basic, very simple spring roasted veggies recipe.
Tip! Choose really small baby potatoes. They’re a lot better than the bigger ones. Also, if you want some extra crunchiness, you can fry them a little in some extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan.
You can eat these roasted veggies just as they are, or serve them as a side dish. Drizzle some sauce on top and pair them with some salad and you’ve got yourself a perfect spring meal.
I can’t wait to make this again! It was a succes 🙂 Looking forward to read your comments! 😀
- 1,5kg (52oz) baby potatoes
- 180g (2 cups) frozen baby carrots
- greens – parsley and dill
- cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- rosemary, fresh or dry, about 1 tsp if you use dry
- Sauce, optional:
- 240g (1 cup) sour cream
- half a bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Rinse the baby potatoes very well and cut them in 4 or 2, as needed.
- Coat the oven tray in some olive oil.
- Optional: This step is not really necessary! If you want some extra crunchiness you can fry the potatoes a little bit in some olive oil (10 minutes) and then put them in the tray,
- Put the potatoes in the oven tray. Add baby carrots and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Add more olive oil on top and place in oven at 200C for about 35 minutes.
- When ready, add chopped herbs on top.
- For the sauce:
- Mix the sour cream with the chopped parsley and sweet paprika. Serve on top of the roasted veggies.
Amount Per Serving Calories 132Total Fat 11.3gCarbohydrates 5.5gProtein 2g