This whole grain stuffed bread with cheese and herbs is a creative, quick and easy appetizer recipe that can be paired with a dip or a spread or simply eaten by itself.
I’ve seen so many great stuffed bread recipes on Pinterest that I decided to make one myself and see if it’s as tasty as it looks. Well, it was!
I tried a healthier version, using whole grain bread and feta cheese from the farmer’s market (don’t use Cheddar ..bleah). It was dreamy! You’ll absolutely love the crunchy crust and hot, melty cheese middle. It is great served as a sandwich, appetizer or snack.
You have to serve this stuffed bread with cheese when it’s steamy hot, even though there’s a risk you’ll burn your fingers trying to eat it. 😀 It’s worth it!
Whole Grain Stuffed Bread with Cheese and Herbs
- one whole grain bread/baguette
- 4-5 garlic cloves mashed
- half a bunch of parsley
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- feta cheese thin 0,5-1cm slices
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
- Take some parchment paper, enough to wrap the bread, and soak it in water. Crumble it and drain it. It just has to be wet.
- Place the bread on the wet parchment paper.
- Add the parsley, oregano, mashed garlic and olive oil in the blender and blend.
- Partially slice the bread.
- Cover the bread with the herbs and garlic paste. Also, add the composition between the slices.
- Add 1 slice of cheese between each 2 slices of bread.
- Wrap the bread and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, partially unwrap it and leave it there for 5-7 more minutes
- Serve this stuffed bread with cheese steamy hot!