Here are 5 of my best and easy stir-fry sauces: sweet mango, green herb, garlic and ginger, orange and sesame and hot chili stir fry sauce. Use them in stir-fries or as dipping sauces or salad dressings.
If you’re hungry and want a quick and easy dinner recipe, stir-fries are what you’re looking for. Most stir-fry recipes are ready in 15 minutes. They’re rich in veggies, you can add proteins such as TSP chunks or tofu and make up a delicious comfort meal.
If you got bored of simply drizzling your stir fry with soy sauce and are looking for new ideas of easy stir-fry sauces, check out the recipes below. I tried 5 different stir-fry sauces for you, all with Asian-inspired flavors. They have different colors, different ingredient combinations and you can use them on almost any type of stir-fry.
The orange sesame stir-fry sauce is another great sweet stir-fry sauce, this time with Chinese origins. When you use this sauce make sure you don’t add it too soon to the stir-fry or the veggies will get mushy. Add it only right before serving and top with some sesame seeds on top.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Let’s start with the sweet mango and passion fruit stir-fry sauce. This was inspired by sweet Thai sauces. It is a mixture of sweet, spicy, salty and sour, all of them blending perfectly together. You can also use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or vegetable tempura! The most important part of this sauce is to buy a mango that’s ready to eat and really ripe.
The hot chili stir-fry sauce transforms any kind of simple meal it is added to. It brings heat to anything and has a subtle smoky flavor.
The herb stir-fry sauce masterfully combines the freshness of herbs with the spiciness of green chili flakes. Parsley, cilantro, mint, all the flavors blend so well together. When you blend this sauce make sure you just pulse a few times, you don’t want to pulverize the herbs’ leaves.
The ginger and garlic stir-fry sauce can be used as a dipping sauce, tofu marinade, salad dressing, and more! It’s very versatile, so you can make it in a larger batch and store it in a jar in the fridge.
Hope you’ll like these easy stir-fry sauces! Don’t forget, if you give my recipes a try, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @gourmandelleblog and use the hashtag #gourmandellerecipe. I will feature you on my Facebook page and/or Instagram Stories! 🙂
- Mango Sweet Stir Fry Sauce
- ⅓ cup passion fruit purified juice
- 1 large mango, peeled and cored
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Orange Sesame Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsps rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Herb Stir Fry Sauce
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or tamari[/b]
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp green pepper flakes
- ½ tsp mint, finely chopped
- ½ tsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- [b]Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ½ vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- Hot Chili Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, ground
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 long red chilies, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of ½ clementine (or orange)
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce or tamari[/b]
- 1 Tbsp [b]smoked chili flakes or paprika
- a pinch sea salt
- For the Mango Sweet Stir Fry Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process on high until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl, pour the sauce through a strainer, cover, and set aside. Use right away or store in the fridge for later.
- For the Orange Sesame Stir Fry Sauce
- In a food processor whisk together orange juice, honey, ketchup, rice vinegar, cornstarch, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, orange zest. Add sesame seeds and serve.
- For the Herb Stir Fry Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times, so the sauce ingredients are mixed together but the greens are not pureed.
- For the Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Sauce
- In a food processor/blender or a mixing jar, whisk all ingredients together.
- For the Hot Chili Stir Fry Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Top with smoked chili flakes and some dill. Keep in the fridge.