Egg-in-a-Hole or Egg Toast is a quick vegetarian breakfast and brunch recipe. This is the perfect vegetarian breakfast for a sunny Sunday morning!
First of all, this egg-in-a-hole recipe was made by COSTIN and not me! There, I said it, Costin! 😀 But, how did this happen? Well, a couple of days ago I was browsing Pinterest for some food inspiration and Costin was standing by my side, working. Suddenly, he sees this egg-in-a-hole recipe and with a sweet voice he tells me “I’ll make this recipe for breakfast tomorrow, BUT…will you tell your readers that I’ve made it?”. “Of course!” I replied enthusiastically.
For your better understanding, usually, as soon as I open my eyes [he always wakes up before me] I hear him whispering in my ear “Mmm… I’d love to eat your delicious scrambled eggs with cheese recipe…wouldn’t you?”. It’s like he’s trying to hypnotize me or something. Anyway, he usually succeeds.
Well, last Sunday I was spoiled. It wasn’t the first time he did such a nice gesture, of course! [I had to say this too or else he won’t stop nagging me :D] He does this from time to time…ehem..RARELY!
This egg-in-a-hole recipe was fantastic! It’s a super simple recipe. Actually, it doesn’t even need any directions, I think it’s easy to figure out how to do it from the photos.
- 2 large slices of whole grain bread
- 2 eggs
- just a little bit of olive oil
- 2 Tbsps chopped parsley
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Place the bread slices in the heated oven for 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can use the toaster, of course.
- Grease a non-stick skillet with some olive oil.
- Make holes in the two slices of bread.
- Put the bread slices of bread in the skillet.
- Crack eggs and put them in the holes.
- Cover with a transaprent lid and let them cook until ready, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!