This roasted bell pepper tomato soup is one of my best tomato soups so far! It is currently in the first place, followed by my Creamy Peas Soup, Creamy Red Lentil Soup and Potato and Carrot Caraway Flavored Creamy Soup. Every time I make one of these soups I just can’t stop eating! I always eat triple servings… they’re addictive!
Very important!! I used corn because it adds some extra sweetness and texture to this tomato soup. If you live in US, Canada or any other country where you cannot buy organic, non-GMO corn it’s better not to add corn at all. Avoid corn if it’s GMO. Here is an article you should read: Monsanto GM corn caused tumors in rats.
Other than that, this roasted bell pepper tomato soup is amazing! Roasted red bell peppers have always been my favorite, and combined with the sweetness of roasted tomatoes, turned this soup into one of the best soups I’ve made. Give it a try!
Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup with Crunchy Sweet Corn
- 4 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked sweet corn you can use canned corn – please use only non-GM corn; if you can’t find any organic corn skip this ingredient
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vinegar from pickles jar – this is sweeter if you use apple vinegar add less: 1-3 tbsps
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Heat the oven.
- Add the quartered tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper in an oven tray. Spray with olive oil and let them roast for about 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add some olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until golden.
- Fill the pot with water – as much as you want, if you want it creamy use less water.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and bell pepper in the pot.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and tomato paste.
- Boil for 5 minutes then romeove from heat. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending very well.
- Add corn and pasley.