Try this roasted tomato salad and enjoy an explosion of textures and flavors! It’s both low calorie and rich in nutrients!
I could eat only salads and fruits all Summer and I’d be happy! Well, maybe if someone would take care I have fresh, rinsed and sliced veggies at hand. I am so lazy when it comes to making salads. I dislike the whole prepping process as I find it really boring. I like to have all veggies ready to just toss them in the salad and create the dressing – my favorite part. 🙂
Anyway, this crunchy roasted tomato salad is for those of you who are as lazy as me. It’s super easy to make. The roasted cherry tomatoes give it a special flavor which you’ll love. Since I made this Summer Veggie Salad I just can’t eat fresh tomatoes anymore.
Fresh tomatoes seem bland to me. Plus, it is known that roasted tomatoes are a lot healthier than the raw ones. Why? Well, tomatoes contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene, which becomes even stronger when cooked. Don’t forget to drizzle them with some olive oil before roasting. Lycopene is liposoluble so this well it will assimilate a lot faster.
Hope you like it!
- about 25-30 baby spinach leaves
- about 10 romaine salad leaves, or iceberg if you want some extra crunchiness
- 6 cherry tomatoes, whole or sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 3-4 strands of scallions, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- a lemon’s juice
- ½ Tbsp basil – if you have fresh even better, use a handful, chopped
- Rinse de veggies. Chop the salad leaves and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with some olive oil and roast in the oven or on the stove.
- Add sliced cucumber, scallions and roasted cherry tomatoes in the bowl. Mix.
- Make the dressing: olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and lemon’s juice.
- Add dressing only right before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Total Fat 4.8gCarbohydrates 8.3gProtein 3.4g