Discover the secret for the perfect Summer pasta salad – cold spaghetti salad: a surprising and easy-to-prepare delicacy! This recipe that will change the way you see ordinary salads. With an irresistible mix of thin spaghetti and fresh vegetables, this salad will delight your taste buds and make you fall in love with new ways to enjoy pasta.
It’s summer, it’s hot, it’s salad season! Here’s a new perspective on pasta salads with this California spaghetti salad recipe! Give up the boring salads and explore a unique and delicious way to enjoy pasta. Why limit yourself to traditional options when you can bring a fresh and surprising note to the plate? This bold pasta salad recipe offers you the perfect opportunity to bring a touch of creativity to the kitchen and conquer the taste buds with a unique mix of spaghetti and savory ingredients.
The al dente spaghetti merges with juicy cherry tomatoes, salty olives and tender arugula, all united by a simple but delicious dressing with apple vinegar and olive oil. With this recipe, you will completely reinvent the concept of pasta salad and delight your taste buds with every bite.
Regardless of whether you are looking for a light salad for lunch or a delicious option for dinner, this pasta salad with spaghetti noodles will definitely win you over. Give free rein to your imagination and experiment with alternative pasta options, such as those made from vegetables or wholemeal flour, to add a healthy and creative touch to the dish. Delight your taste buds with a different pasta salad and get ready to fall in love with this unique and delicious combination.
How to cook spaghetti
Here are some tips to cook the spaghetti perfectly every time:
- Choose the right type of spaghetti: There is a variety of spaghetti available, including spaghetti made with white flour, whole wheat and even vegetables or legumes. I used gluten-free corn spaghetti for this recipe.
- Follow the cooking time indicated on the package: Each type of spaghetti has a specific cooking time mentioned on the package. It is important to respect this time to obtain al dente consistency. Check the spaghetti a few minutes before the end of the cooking time to make sure it is cooked properly but still has a slight firmness.
- Use a large pot with salted water: To cook the spaghetti properly, use a large enough pot with the right amount of salted water. Spaghetti needs enough space to cook evenly and not to stick together.
- Gently stir the spaghetti during cooking: At the beginning, make sure that the spaghetti does not stick to the bottom of the pot by gently stirring it with a fork or a wooden spoon. Then, during cooking, stir them from time to time to prevent sticking and to cook evenly.
- Test the consistency before removing them from the water: Check the spaghetti a few minutes before the end of the cooking time. Take out a piece of spaghetti and bite into it to check if it is al dente – slightly firm to the bite, but still cooked.
- Rinse them quickly with cold water: After the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and rinse it quickly with cold water to stop the cooking process. This will stop excessive softening and help maintain the al dente texture.
Experiment with different types of spaghetti and explore alternative options, such as those made from vegetables or whole flour, to add a healthy and creative touch to your spaghetti salad with Italian dressing. Whether you choose classic spaghetti or alternative versions, following the cooking tips, you will always get a delicious result and a perfect texture.
Spaghetti Salad Ingredients
- Spaghetti: Although pasta salads are usually made with farfalle pasta or smaller pasta shapes, this time we chose something new – spaghetti – although unusual in cold pasta salads, they will add a very interesting texture to the recipe.
- Cherry tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes add an explosion of freshness and sweetness to the salad, offering a juicy texture and a vibrant note of color.
- Olives: Olives add a salty taste and a slightly crunchy texture, giving an element of umami and an interesting contrast in the combination of flavors. It uses a combination of types of olives, for extra flavor.
- Asparagus: Asparagus adds a crunchy texture and a light and refined taste, bringing a touch of freshness and an attractive visual aspect to the salad.
- Red onion: Red onion adds an intense flavor and a slightly spicy note to the salad. Alternatively, you can use green onions.
- Arugula: Arugula adds a slightly peppery note and a tender texture to the salad, bringing freshness and a distinctive taste.
- Dressing: For this pasta salad, I chose to make a simple dressing with apple cider vinegar and olive oil, which I enriched with grated parmesan, seasoning and a splash of maple syrup for a little sweetness.
These basic ingredients bring taste, texture and a variety of flavors to the spaghetti salad, creating a balanced and delicious combination to enjoy in every bite.
How to make a spaghetti salad
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, unfiltered
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Cut the spaghetti in half and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Start by preparing the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar, close the lid tightly, and shake vigorously until the sauce is smooth and well blended. Place the jar in the refrigerator while you prepare the salad.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the cleaned asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the water and let it cool on a chopping board for a few minutes. Cut the asparagus into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Now it's time to assemble the salad. In a large bowl, combine the arugula leaves, cooked pasta, tomatoes, olives, asparagus, and onions. Drizzle the prepared dressing over the salad and toss well to ensure even distribution. Allow the salad to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Amount Per Serving Calories 347Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 2mgSodium 1140mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 6g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.