This is the only stuffed peppers recipe you will ever need! It’s extremely easy to make, healthy and most of all…delicious!
This is a recipe both vegetarians and omnis will love! It is incredibly easy to make, has a great stuffing and also the lovely flavor of charred bell peppers! You should know that this isn’t a quick recipe, it will take you about an hour to make, but the actual prep part takes no longer than half an hour, so it’s more than ok in my opinion.
Tip! Use red or orange bell peppers for this recipe. The green ones are quite bland. Also, use white, round-shaped rice. I tried a similar stuffed bell peppers recipe with brown rice too, and even though it is good, I like the texture of white rice better. It’s a lot fluffier. 🙂
You can add various toppings to this recipe, to make it even better. You can opt for dairy-based toppings, such as crumbled feta cheese or sour cream, or choose the vegan alternatives – crumbled tofu or tomato paste.
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup rice (I used round white rice.)
- 500g button mushrooms, chopped
- 300g spinach, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsps oil
- optional toppings of choice - crumbled tofu, crumbled feta cheese, sour cream, tomato paste.
- Cut the tops of each bell pepper. Remove the seeds and place them in a standing position, inside a round pan. See photos.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped mushrooms, rice, diced onion, 1½ cups of water, salt and spices. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and chopped parsley. Cover with a lid.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Don't worry if the rice is not fully cooked. It doesn't have to be. It will cook in the oven.
- Fill the peppers with the composition.
- Attach cut tops to the peppers, using some toothpicks.
- Add water in the pan in which you placed the peppers, just enough to cover ⅔ of their height.
- Place the pan in the oven and let them cook for 20 minutes, at 375F.
- Before taking them out of the oven, turn on the grill function and let them char for 10 minutes.
- Serve them with toppings of choice.