Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Try this summer salad with charred peppers and roasted eggplant and enjoy a fresh and filling salad with a subtle smoky flavor. Perfect for a barbecue!
I’m in love with smoked paprika! I’ve been using it like crazy lately! I recently started adding it to salad dressings and it really does improve any kind of salad! Also, try it over avocado toast. You’ll love it!
This summer salad recipe is made with fresh, seasonal ingredients, such as red peppers and eggplants. If you don’t know what kind of salad you can prepare for your next picnic or barbecue, you should definitely give this a try! It’s perfect both served as a side or as a main meal.
Summer Salad – perfect for a barbecue!
I didn’t have any corn, but if you do, some sweet corn would be delicious in this summer salad recipe! Think about some freshly grilled corn on top…delicious! You could also lightly grill the red onion if you prefer it cooked rather than raw.
Hope you’ll try this summer salad recipe! Let me know how it turned out for you!
- 200 g mixed greens , I used two bags of mixed salad greens
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 2 sweet red peppers , I used Pimentos
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- Cut eggplant into cubes. Deseed the peppers and cut them into rings.
- Heat 2 Tbsps of olive oil in a grill pan and add the eggplant cubes. Sprinkle them with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper rings and cook for 5 more minutes. Let them char a bit around the edges.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients in a small jar, close it with a lid and shake it well.
- Add the mixed greens in a large bowl. Top with grilled eggplant, charred peppers, julienned onion and drizzle with the dressing.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g