This vegan pound cake will be everybody’s favorite dessert this holiday! Even your non-vegan friends will love it! Plus, it’s really easy to make, no special baking skills required.
I first made this awesome vegan pound cake last year and loved every tiny bit of it! Being used to baking with eggs, I just couldn’t believe it when I took this out of the oven and it had the perfect texture and taste!
This year, I’m making it again! And because it was so good, I decided to share the recipe with you, too!
This vegan pound cake was somewhat inspired by a traditional Romanian recipe that everyone makes at Christmastime. You can add a variety of ingredients, usually walnuts, raisins, and even cocoa. This one is made with raisins and cranberries for a fresh new twist on a traditional favorite.
This Christmas vegan pound cake is super soft and fluffy and for some reason, I just love to try new vegan cake recipes. Getting the right texture can be a challenge, but when done right your effort will pay off. You can enjoy this delicacy with tea or coffee , as an afternoon snack, as a dessert (or simply by itself, at any time of the day… it’s that good!).
I made this vegan pound cake gluten-free, but if gluten is not your enemy, you can use regular flour as well. Also, if you want it to be refined sugar-free, I recommend using a good brand of stevia powder or any other healthy sweetener. My personal favorite is Green Sugar, which is combined with erythritol as well, but it is only available in Romania.
Hope you’ll give this a try! Enjoy it this Christmas!
- 240g (2 cups) flour, I used gluten-free flour by Schar - Mix It
- 10g (2 tsp) baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 250g (1 cup) soy yogurt, I used vanilla flavored yogurt by Alpro
- 240ml (1 cup) soy milk
- 135g (⅔ cup) sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 6 Tbsps dry cranberries
- 6 Tbsps raisins
- 4 Tbsps oil + a little bit more for greasing the pan
- 4 Tbsps melted coconut oil
- 4 Tbsps powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients, except cranberries and raisins, in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add dry cranberries and raisins and mix with a spoon.The batter will be thick.
- Line a pound cake form with some parchment paper. Grease it.
- Pour the composition in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for ~40 minutes or until a toothpick from near the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool before removing it from the pan.
- Mix powdered sugar with coconut oil.
- Pour on top of the cake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 503Total Fat 21.4gCarbohydrates 71.2gProtein 6.2g