This beetroot borscht is a healthy vegan soup recipe inspired by the traditional Ukranian borscht soup and it is perfect for any season!
Today is a cold Autumn day. The wind is howling and the leaves started to fall. I really wanted to make a hot, flavorful soup to warm me up from inside-out and enjoy it while I watch a good, old movie. I decided to make this lovely, ruby-colored beetroot borscht.
This beetroot borscht recipe is similar to the Ukrainian borscht, but unlike the original recipe, it was made vegan, as it does not contain any beef broth.
Beetroots are amazing veggies and should be eaten as often as possible! This beetroot borscht is a great way to add more beetroots into your diet. Another way would be drinking this awesome pink lemonade!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Give it a try! I’m sure it will become one of your favorite soup recipes! 🙂
- 1 beetroot, chopped in small cubes
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 2 onions, diced
- ½ cup celery root, chopped in small cubes (or grated, as you wish)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup chopped celery leaves (or lovage leaves)
- sea salt, to taste
- ⅓ tsp ground pepper
- 3L water
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add diced onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Add water.
- Add chopped beetroot, celery root, grated carrot , salt and pepper.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Add vinegar and chopped celery leaves.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot!