This vegan eggplant pasta recipe is ready in just 15 minutes and has an extra-creamy sauce you’ll love! It has a subtle spicy taste and a lovely blend of flavors.
Schar created another awesome bloggers’ competition here in Romania and in the next few weeks, you’ll start seeing some delicious, vegan and gluten-free recipes on my blog! I will create gluten-free pasta, appetizer and dessert recipes, all of them ideal for a romantic lunch or dinner.
I will start my series of gluten-free recipes for Schar with a simple but extremely flavorful recipe – creamy vegan eggplant pasta. This instantly became one of my favorite pasta recipes! I discovered that soy yogurt is incredibly good as a base for pasta sauces and the combo between eggplant, tomatoes, and garlic is pure bliss! 😀
This is a really quick pasta recipe, as the prep time takes only 5 minutes and the sauce can be made while the pasta boils. So if you’re looking for quick and easy eggplant recipes, you’re in the right place! This eggplant pasta recipe is just perfect for a quick lunch and, as I discovered, it tastes great when served cold as well, so you can pack it for lunch at work or school.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
If you don’t have coeliac disease or gluten sensitivity, then you can use any other pasta you want. I would suggest using whole grain pasta. 🙂
So, here it is! I hope that my extra-creamy vegan eggplant pasta recipe will become your favorite too! Let me know in the comments below if you gave it a try! 😉 Thanks!
- 250g gluten-free penne (I used Schar pasta)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 250g natural (no flavor) soy yogurt
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, to taste
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package. I tend to boil a little more GF pasta, because I like it softer. It's a matter of taste.
- Cut tomatoes and eggplant.
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, garlic and spices.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove lid and add yogurt. Mix together.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- The sauce is ready and the pasta should be ready too.
- Drain pasta and add it to the pan.
- Mix together and serve with fresh chopped parsley on top.