Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Make this baked plum crisp with blackberry sorbet and be amazed by the awesome flavors and textures! It’s refined sugar-free and healthy too!
Yum Yum Yum!! I saw a great plum crisp recipe yesterday and decided to try it myself, but when I read the ingredients I was very disappointed…The plum crisp recipe I found on Pinterest had tons of butter, white flour, sugar and other nasty ingredients.
I wanted to make something similar, but fat and refined sugar-free. I had some frozen blackberries, fresh plums and muesli, and that’s when the idea hit me! This plum crisp with blackberry sorbet turned out absolutely perfect!
This recipe is great for kids as well. They’ll love the colors, taste and texture. You can use other fruits too: mango, peaches, nectarines, raspberries..anything you want! Unfortunately, the muesli I had was not plain and it contained dry fruits, so there was some unwanted added sugar in it; I recommend you to use plain muesli.
As you know, crisps go very well with ice cream. First, I wanted to make a lovely, sweet and sour grapefruit sorbet, but because of my laziness, I changed my mind. I made a quick blackberry sorbet with the remaining frozen blackberries. It’s better to try it with an ice cream with different flavor and color. A vanilla flavored ice-cream would have been ideal, but it’s delicious this way too.
So, if you want a quick and healthy plum crisp dessert, this is just right for you!
- 7-8 plums, pitted and sliced
- about 3-4 cups blackberries , I used frozen but you can use fresh as well
- about 3/4 cup muesli , preferably plain
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- any healthy sweetener you want, to taste (I used stevia extract)
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 lime/lemon's juice
- healthy sweetener, to taste
- Heat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, add sliced plums, blackberries, flour and sweetener (you can use stevia, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar etc.) and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a glass baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle muesli on top until all covered. (be careful not to use too much muesli; use just enough to cover the fruits with a thin layer)
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with 2 scoops of sorbet!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g