This is the best creamy polenta recipe you can make! It’s not only easy and healthy, but it’s also a great whole meal with comfort food qualities!
I’ve always loved polenta. It’s such a simple and wonderful meal and it’s also very versatile. You can use it as a side dish, dress it up and serve it as a main dish and even make it a snack or an appetizer!
This time, I added a special ingredient, which made this creamy polenta recipe absolutely DIVINE! It gives it a subtle flavor you’ll love, plus some good, healthy fats which make it literally melt in your mouth!
The recipe is quite simple. All you have to do is add the ingredients and slowly and patiently stir until the polenta is ready. Patience is key when making polenta, so don’t be in a hurry when you make this.
[x_video_embed type=”5:4″ no_container=”true”]
This is the creamy texture I’m talking, right above! See the Instagram video?! It is extra-creamy and has a wonderful flavor. I served this with a simple tofu-pepper saute and it was just perfect. Simple and delicious.
This is just as good cold, as it is warm. I couldn’t resist and every time I went to the kitchen I took one more bite out of it. You’ll see what I’m talking about… 😛
What do you think? Will you try my best creamy polenta recipe with a “secret” ingredient? 😀 You’ll never go back to eating simple polenta again.
- Creamy polenta:
- Pour water in a medium pot. Bring it to a boil. Add salt.
- Slowly add cornmeal, while continuously stirring.
- Add coconut milk and nutritional yeast flakes.
- Stir continuously or else it will easily burn.
- Cook it for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Tofu-Pepper Saute:
- Chop tofu in small cubes.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and chopped peppers.
- Add spices.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Serve it over creamy polenta.