These quinoa patties with feta cheese and olives are ready in just half an hour! They’re crunchy on the outside and bursting with flavors!
I know I promised you this quinoa patties recipe yesterday, but I was so busy and tired that as soon as I got home, I just wanted to lay down and do nothing :). So, here’s the recipe, you can make this today for the Sunday lunch with your family.
These quinoa patties with feta cheese are super-easy to make! Actually, all veggie patties are super-easy to make 😀 All you have to do is mix the ingredients and quickly cook the patties.
I have to admit, this was the first time I cooked with quinoa. I had a bag of quinoa in the kitchen for a very long time, but never had the “courage” to try it out! It was something new and I had no idea how to cook it. The combination between quinoa, feta cheese, and olives is amazing! You’ll have to try it and see for yourself!
Quinoa Patties with Feta Cheese and Olives
These quinoa patties with feta cheese and olives are ready in just half an hour! They're crunchy on the outside and bursting with flavors!
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa, boiled
- 50g (⅓ cup) feta cheese, mashed with a fork
- 1 onion, diced
- 90g (½ cup) sliced black olives
- a bunch of parsley or dill, chopped (choose which one you like)
- 2 eggs
- ground pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients except breadcrumbs, in a large bowl. Mix well.
- It may be a little watery, so add breadcrumbs. Start by adding 3 Tbsps and wait a few minutes so they’ll absorb the excess water.
- There are 2 ways you can cook the quinoa patties. 1.Frying or 2. Baking.
- Grease a non-stick pan with some oil and add the quinoa patties. 1Tbsp per patty. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Grease an oven tray with some oil. Add quinoa patties and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C.
Amount Per Serving Calories 21Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 20mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Sunday 7th of August 2022
Just to clarify. Do we use 1 cup of already cooked quinoa or cook 1 cup of dried quinoa that we cook and then use?
Thursday 11th of August 2022
Hi Mary. Dry quinoa.
Monday 15th of April 2019
It’s sound delicious. It’s a must to try it! Thank you for the recipe! 👌🙂
Sunday 21st of April 2019
You're welcome, let me know if you try it! :)
Wednesday 2nd of January 2019
These sound delicious! Do you think they would turn out okay using an air fryer?
Tuesday 22nd of January 2019
I never used an air fryer so I have no idea. :) But you can try.
Monday 23rd of July 2018
One of my favorite recipes of yours, Ruxandra. So good and filling! Absolutely perfect, I keep making them every week!! Thank you for creating this recipe :)
Friday 7th of September 2018
You're welcome! :D
Thursday 31st of August 2017
They are absolutely delicious and so easy to make
Thursday 7th of September 2017
So glad you like them, Willow!