This creamy spring onion soup has a lovely, vibrant green color and subtle onion flavor. It’s ready in just 25 minutes!
I hate labels. I read this great article by Chubby Vegan Mom and I agreed with everything she said in there. It makes me really sad when I see fellow vegans who are filled with rage and hatred towards other humans. Where’s the compassion we all talk about?! Really people, why don’t you understand that we will never succeed in changing others if we’ll have this aggressive attitude! A negative attitude will never attract positive changes! Never!
I’m giving up labels. I will eat what I think it’s right for me and for the environment I live in. I will make the changes in my diet when I feel the moment has come. I will not be an extremist filled with rage and negative thoughts. This doesn’t mean I’ll give up eating vegetarian…never! It’s just that I’m tired of all these labels and of fiery vegans who always judge and blame others. We’re not perfect and we don’t live in a perfect world. We must adapt and try to change others through love and good thoughts.
That being said, here’s a little bit about this creamy spring onion soup recipe. I am absolutely crazy about onions and I’ve never eaten onion soup, can you believe it?! Yesterday I went to Costin’s parents’ house and came back with about 10kilos of delicious cherries, some huge bunches of parsley and dill, lots of leafy greens and a bag full of extra-large scallions. I had no idea what to do with so many of them.
Baked scallions were out of the question because I ate this almost every day for the last couple of weeks, and eating them in salads will take forever! Then the idea hit me! What about a creamy spring onion soup! And that’s what I made.
It was delicious! You know that I love creamy soups, so this recipe is just perfect for me! 🙂 It’s really easy to make, like most other creamy soup recipes. You can use either butter or olive oil for this.
Hope you’ll like my creamy spring onion soup recipe! Enjoy!
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsps butter or 2-3 Tbsps olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- ⅓ tsp ground coriander
- fresh thyme
- Boil potatoes in a small pot. Add water just enough to cover them.
- In a separate pot, add butter/olive oil and let it melt/heat over low heat.
- Add chopped spring onions and onion. Stir continuously until all spring onions are cooked. Be careful not to burn them! This will take up to 10-15 minutes.
- In case they start to stick, add a little bit of water.
- When potatoes are boiled, add them to the pot where you cooked the scallions, water included.
- Stir and add salt, pepper and ground coriander.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending all veggies until the soup gets a creamy consistency.
- If needed, add more water to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 4.3gCarbohydrates 12.6gProtein 2.5g