Make these easy gingerbread pancakes for the holidays this year and enjoy a Christmas-themed, delicious breakfast. Plus, your kitchen will smell amazing after cooking these!
These pancakes are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe and your whole house will smell amazing too! They’re really easy to make, with just a couple of ingredients.
This time I made the vegetarian pancakes version, with eggs and bananas. If you want to make these vegan, simply replace eggs with 2 tablespoons of psyllium husks.
Also, if you want to make a gingerbread spice mix in a larger quantity, check out this recipe. It has the perfect spice ratios.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
GREAT NEWS! If you need a custom meal plan, personalized for your exact needs, this is the time to order it! It’s available with 25% off – only for Quarterly and Yearly plans. More details about my meal planner app here, or go straight to the order form here.
I also filmed a video for this easy refined-sugar-free gingerbread pancakes recipe, so you can see exactly how I made them. I used a metal ring to give them a perfect, round shape. You can watch it below and if you like my videos, don’t forget to give them a Thumbs Up and Subscribe to my YouTube channel! 🙂
Don’t forget, if you give my recipes a try, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @gourmandelleblog and use the hashtag #gourmandellerecipe. I will feature you on my Facebook page and/or Instagram Stories! 🙂
Easy Gingerbread Pancakes – video recipe
- 2 bananas, very ripe
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1 cup flour (you can use gluten-free flour if you want)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free milk, I used almond milk by Joya
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp cloves, round
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- honey, for drizzling
- oil, for frying
- Mash bananas with a fork.
- Add the eggs and whisk together by hand, or using a mixer.
- Add flour, baking powder, milk and gingerbread spices. Mix well.
- Grease a non-stick pan with some oil.
- Using a ladle, fill it by half with the gingerbread pancakes mixture and pour it into the pan.
- Let it cook on low heat until bubbles start to appear. Then is the moment to flip the pancake on the other side and let it cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat the process until all the pancakes batter is used.
- Serve these gingerbread pancakes with some honey and cinnamon as well as some orange slices. This combo is delicious!