This potato and carrot stew recipe has a unique flavor and it’s ideal for feeding a whole family! Make this quick, easy and budget-friendly recipe today!
I love family recipes that are super-easy to make, delicious and use budget-friendly ingredients. This vegan potato and carrot stew with fresh tarragon is one of my favorite recipes! I learned it from my mother. She always cooks delicious recipes that can feed the whole family! I learned lots of recipes from her and I’m glad I will be able to serve great dishes, like this one, to my family.
Maybe you’ll think this is just a simple vegetarian (vegan actually!) potato and carrot stew. Well, it’s not! Tarragon makes it special! This wonderful herb is delicious in potato or white bean recipes. You should always have it in your pantry! I keep it vinegar. This way you can store it forever! 🙂
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- about 2 cups of water (more or less
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp tarragon , preferably fresh
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 400 g can peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour, dissolved separately in some cold water (or corn starch - GF)
- 1 tbsp oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes, then add cubed potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with water (about 2-2 1/2 cups, maybe more depending on your pot size).
- Add sliced carrots, bay leaves, sweet paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let it cook until the veggies are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add flour, dissolved separately in a cup with some cold water.
- Add sliced, peeled tomatoes and fresh tarragon. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley on top!