These Vegan Banana Bars with Pina Colada Frosting are a tropical dessert that everyone will love! Get ready to indulge in a delicious and guilt-free treat that’s sure to become your new favorite dessert!
This scrumptious treat is perfect for anyone who loves the tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple. The frosting is made with coconut cream, pineapple, and a little bit of rum, giving it a refreshing and tropical taste that complements the banana bars perfectly.
These bars are also a delicious alternative to classic banana bread. The addition of pina colada frosting takes these bars to the next level, with a sweet and creamy blend of pineapple and coconut flavors.
Growing up, I was never a big fan of bananas, but as I got older, I started to appreciate their sweetness and versatility. I can use them in tons of desserts and also have delicious homemade ice creams ready in just a couple of minutes, all with the amazing ripe bananas.
Did you know that the pina colada is a classic tropical drink that originated in Puerto Rico? It’s made with pineapple juice, coconut cream, and rum. This sweet and creamy drink became popular in the 1950s and 60s and has since become a staple of tropical-themed drinks and cocktails. The flavor of pina colada is perfect for adding a touch of sweetness and tropical flair to these vegan banana bars.
Variations for banana bars:
- For a crunchy twist, add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (such as almonds or pecans) to the batter before baking.
- For a tropical twist, add 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut to the batter.
- For a chocolatey twist, add 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips to the batter.
- To make these bars gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free flour blend in place of the whole grain flour.
I hope you enjoy making and eating these sweet vegan bars with Pina Colada frosting! Happy baking!
Vegan Banana Bars with Pina Colada Frosting
These Vegan Banana Bars with Pina Colada Frosting are a tropical and healthy dessert that everyone will love! Get ready to indulge in a delicious and guilt-free treat that's sure to become your new favorite dessert!
For the crust:
- 2 tablespoons of flax seeds, ground
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup wholegrain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the pina colada frosting:
- 2 cups of coconut cream (from two cans of full-fat coconut milk)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of rum (or a few drops of rum extract)
- 1 banana, cut into slices
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- Coconut flakes for decoration
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seeds with water and set aside until the mixture thickens.
- Heat the oven to 180 C.
- Spray or grease the baking dish with a little bit of oil.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, bananas, oil, vanilla and the flax seeds mixture until completely incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to the mixture.
- Transfer the composition to the greased baking tray, and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting:
- In a bowl, add coconut cream, powdered sugar and start mixing with a mixer. Add the rum and starch and continue to mix until the composition hardens and becomes homogenous. Transfer the cream to the refrigerator for at least an hour before using it.
- After the crust and the frosting are ready, assemble the dessert.
- Spread the frosting onto the crust evenly in one layer.
- Place the banana slices and pineapple on the surface of the frosting. Cut into squares and serve with sprinkled coconut flakes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 437Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 129mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 3gSugar 55gProtein 3g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.